Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Intelligence

Woman 1: I can not believe this!

Woman 2: What again?

Woman 1: They just hired another director!

Woman 2: What?! Why?!

Woman 1: He is to head the pain management group.

Woman 2: You know this is becoming ridiculous.

Woman 1: I know. Ever since Karel took over, it has been total chaos. She just keeps on bringing these incompetent people. Why doesn't she want to promote us?

Woman 2: Obviously we are not smart enough.

Woman 1: Smart? Listen to this. Yesterday, we are sitting in a weekly meeting with clients. I am talking about the potential new indication for the drug that we are working on. I look at my boss and he is smelling his armpits.

Woman 2: Get out of here!

Woman 1: It is true. He stuck his fingers under the armpits, pulled them out and smelled them.

Woman 2: That has to be the most disgusting thing ever.

Woman 1: It was disgusting.

Woman 2: I bet there will be no business coming from these clients anymore.

Woman 1: You got that right.

Woman 2: That reminds me, did I tell you how my new boss walks around all the time and says: I am so busy, I just put some fires over on this project and now I am running to put out some more fires on another project.

Woman 1: No you did not, but I can totally see him do that.

Woman 2: And you know, the sad part is that it will totally work with Karel. She loves people who tell her that they are busy and that she is great.

Woman 1: I know, her idea of successful project is rush and tension. She actually told me that she likes to hear complains about my new boss. She thinks that complains imply that people are arguing and, so she thinks there is a lot of tension. Karel believes that out of tension in the team brings great results.

Woman 2: She is quite mad. I can not understand is how someone like her could have gotten so far?

Woman 1: She is not that bright, but she has no shame. She just gets on top and rides. Smart, dumb whatever, just push this thing through.

Woman 2: Yes, this is how she is.

Woman 3: Girls, you will love this one. I just went by the office of the new director to introduce myself. I walk in and see that he is playing Computer Poker!

Woman 1: His first day on a job!

Woman 2: He fits right in.

Woman 3: I miss Jane. It is so sad that she got sick and had to leave.

Woman 1: She was such a good person and a great leader.

Woman 2: She was. Life is so unfair, she is only 52 years old!

Woman 1: Cancer does not care.

Woman 3: It really does not.

Woman 2: I sent her flowers and an email, but she never replied.

Woman 1: I spoke with her two days ago.

Woman 3: What did she say?

Woman 1: She said she has a few month left.

Woman 2: This is so crazy!

Woman 3: I can not imagine what is it like. To live knowing that you are about to die.

Woman 1: She was very depressed. We barely spoke. She is going through a tough chemo to prolong her life for a few months. She needs to write her will and take care of a few things.

Woman 2: It is devastating.

Woman 3: I would like to go visit her. I do not know if she would want to see me though.

Karel: I walked by 1h ago, you were standing right here by the coffee machine. You are not being paid to just drink coffee. Get your lazy asses out of here, before I get you a pink slip wrapped present this Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home